Using a simple in-house app (MS Forms) to enhance standardisation and moderation practices
Lucy Davies and Stephen Beale
Aim: To demonstrate how we have used MS Forms to enhance the standardisation and moderation process for subjective marking.
– To explain why we started using this in ELTS (validation, accountability, auditability, staff orientation, cross-campus working).
– Detail the process of how we have used these forms to analyse rater reliability.
– Give attendees the chance to run through a simple practice activity.
1. Why we use it in practice.
2. How we use it and how it can be adapted for other departments.
3. Engage participants with a demonstration MS Form “moderation” activity on smartphones.
4. EXTRA: Link to video on how to set these up for delegates to view in their own time.
At the end of the session, delegates will:
1. Understand how they can use MS Forms for standardisation and moderation purposes.
2. Have awareness of a possible alternative to existing standardisation and moderation practices.
Standardisation, moderation, innovation